Note: The Blacksmith’s Hut cannot be built until you have a level 3 Mine (or three level 1 Mines, or another equivalent) and have finished the research in the University.
The Blacksmith is a 3x3 crafter and can make any vanilla tools, armor, swords, and shields (no bows or redstone items). The Blacksmith will work when they receive a request for any of those items from another worker.
Note: You will need to teach the Blacksmith the recipes of the items you want them to create. The number of items the Blacksmith can learn are listed below:
|Building Level||Number of Recipes|
Additionally, upon reaching level 5, the Blacksmith learns the nine netherite recipes (shovel, hoe, pickaxe, axe, sword, helmet, chestplate, leggings, and boots), which count toward the recipe total above.
When a colonist is requesting a tool from the Blacksmith with multiple accepted levels, the Blacksmith will craft whichever tool type is highest in their list of recipes that they have the materials for (when you teach them a new recipe, it’ll go on the bottom).
Blacksmith’s Hut GUI
When accessing the Blacksmith’s Hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. You can also tell a Courier to do a pickup now using the Request Pickup Now button. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks or chests that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- ?: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- A chest icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut's storage (including the hut block's inventory and any racks/chests that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item's count will highlight the storage container it's in.
The 2nd page of the GUI shows what crafting task(s) the Blacksmith currently has.