Chicken Farmer’s Hut
The Chicken Farmer’s Hut is where the Chicken Farmer will raise chickens, collect eggs, and butcher chickens for food. You will have to capture and bring in two chickens to the Chicken Farmer’s Hut, as the Chicken Farmer will not catch and bring in any chickens.
Note: The Chicken Farmer will only keep two chickens alive per hut level, so at level 5 they will have ten chickens in their holding pens to breed and butcher. This means they will be faster at producing and collecting meat, drops, and other byproducts, like eggs. So:
|Building Level||Chickens Housed|
Chicken Farmer’s Hut GUI
When accessing the Chicken Farmer’s Hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Deliverymen to never visit this hut to pick up items. You can also tell a Deliveryman to do a pickup now using the Request Pickup Now button. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any Racks or chests in the hut, so be sure to check those as well!
This is page two of the GUI. It has one button:
- Breeding: On by default. Here you can choose if the Chicken Farmer will breed (and consequently kill) chickens or just collect eggs.