The Cowboy’s Hut is where the Cowboy will breed, butcher, and milk (if you have the option enabled) cows for food and leather. You will have to capture and bring in two cows to the Cowboy’s Hut, as the Cowboy will not catch and bring in any cows.
Note: The Cowboy will only keep two cows alive per hut level, so at level 5 they will have ten cows in their holding pens to breed and butcher. This means they will be faster at producing and collecting meat and leather. So:
|Building Level||Cows Housed|
Cowboy’s Hut GUI
When accessing the Cowboy’s Hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a Deliveryman will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Deliverymen to never visit this hut to pick up items. You can also tell a Deliveryman to do a pickup now using the Request Pickup Now button.
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any Racks or chests in the hut, so be sure to check those as well!
This is page two of the GUI. It shows one
- Collecting Milk: On by default. In this mode, you provide the Cowboy with as many empty buckets as you like. In return, they will milk the cows and give you back buckets of milk (along with the meat and leather). You can click the button to turn off this mode, and the Cowboy will only breed and butcher the cows, not milk them.