Note: The Dyer cannot be built until you have a level 3 Flower Shop (or three level 1 Flower Shops, or another equivalent) and have finished the research in the University.
The Dyer’s Hut is where the Dyer will craft dyes and dye other items, including red nether bricks and dark prismarine. They won’t dye concrete or concrete powder, though. The Dyer will only do this if they receive a request from another worker and have the necessary materials. The Dyer’s Hut automatically knows how to make green dye and red sand, but you must teach it the recipes for the other dyes and the dyed items.
Hint: The number of recipes you can teach the Dyer’s Hut doubles per building level. So:
|Dyer’s Hut Level||Number of Recipes|
Hint: The higher the level of the Dyer’s Hut, the more furnaces the Dyer will have available. The number of furnaces they use depends on their Creativity level. So:
|Dyer’s Hut Level||Furnaces|
Hint: The higher the Dyer’s Dexterity level, the faster things will smelt. At high levels, they can go much faster than the player!
Dyer’s Hut GUI
When accessing the Dyer’s Hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. You can also tell a Courier to do a pickup now using the Request Pickup Now button. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks or chests that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- ?: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- A chest icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut's storage (including the hut block's inventory and any racks/chests that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item's count will highlight the storage container it's in.