The Forester’s Hut is where the Forester will go in between chopping down trees. The Forester will cut down any tree in an approximate 150 block area (from themselves) that is not in a hut schematic and doesn’t have cobblestone placed beneath it.
Note: In Minecraft 1.16+ Foresters require hoes (for breaking leaves).
Forester’s Hut GUI
When accessing the Forester’s Hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Deliverymen to never visit this hut to pick up items. You can also tell a Deliveryman to do a pickup now using the Request Pickup Now button. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any Racks or chests in the hut, so be sure to check those as well!
This is page two of the Forester’s Hut GUI. It shows a list of recognized saplings the Forester can work with, even modded ones (if coded correctly). Here you can turn on or off which type of trees the Forester will chop down. (The black box at the top is to search for saplings.)
- Tasklist: Where you can select the saplings that you want the Forester to work with. Click on a sapling to turn it on or off.
This is page three of the Forester’s Hut GUI.
- Replant: Where you can select if you want the Forester to replant trees that are chopped down. They will only do this if they have enough saplings.
- Restriction: This lets you turn on or off if you want the Forester to be restricted to a certain area when chopping trees. To choose the area, use the Give Tool button.
- Give Tool:This will give you a define area tool so you can select a specific area for the Forester to work.