Citizens will go to the House they are assigned to at night to sleep. The House is also a way to get more citizens for your colony.
Each level of the House will house one citizen. So:
|Building Level||Citizens Housed|
For additional citizens to spawn, you first have to have enough space in your House(s) to house your first four citizens. After you have created enough space for your initial four citizens, you have two options for your colony to grow. The first way is to have at least one House at least level 2 that houses a male and a female citizen, which will allow a child to be born in the colony when there is room. You can also make space for a new citizen, go to the Tavern, wait for a traveler to show up, and then give them the items they request to recruit them.
Note: To have over 25 citizens, you must first complete the research in the University.
When accessing the House’s hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: This tells you the level of the hut you have selected.
- Assign Citizens: This lets you change which citizens are assigned to this hut. If it says Assign 0 Citizens, that means you've run out of room in this hut to house citizens and will have to remove some (the button underneath their name) to add more. Note-this only works if you have turned the housing assignment mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be housed automatically.
- Build Options: This lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Recall Citizens: Teleports all the citizens living here to the hut block.
- Inventory: This opens an inventory space where you can store anything you like, as the citizens staying in the hut don't use it.
- ?: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- A chest icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut's storage (including the hut block's inventory and any racks/chests in the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item's count will highlight the storage container it's in.