The Restaurant is where the Cook will cook food, provided they have the necessary ingredients and fuel. When citizens are hungry, they will come to the Restaurant and the Cook will give them food. The Assistant Cook also works at the Restaurant. They craft needed food to help supply the colony.
Note: You can only hire an Assistant Cook when the Restaurant is level 3 or higher.
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. You can also tell a Courier to do a pickup now using the Request Pickup Now button. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks or chests that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- ?: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- A chest icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut's storage (including the hut block's inventory and any racks/chests that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item's count will highlight the storage container it's in.
This is page two of the Restaurant GUI.
- Fuel: Listed here are items that can be used by the Cook as fuel in their furnaces. Simply turn on any that you want your Cook to use, and a Courier will deliver those items to the Cook when they need fuel. (The black box at the top is to search for items.)
This is page three of the Restaurant GUI.
- Food: Listed here are food items that will be handed out by the Cook. Disable any you don't want to be handed out or produced. However, if a colonist finds a disabled item, they'll still eat it - the Cook just won't hand it out. (The black box at the top is to search for items.)
This is page four of the Restaurant GUI.
- Minimum Stock: Use this button to tell the Restaurant to request a minimum stock to keep on hand. The Cook will still give out items that are set as the minimum stock, but will request more if they no longer have enough. Set items will be displayed above the button.