Note: The Sifter’s Hut cannot be built until you have a level 3 Fisher’s Hut (or three level 1 Fisher’s Huts, or another equivalent) and have finished the research in the University.
The Sifter’s Hut is where the Sifter will sift through dirt, gravel, sand, or soul sand to find loot. Doing this will make the block the Sifter is sifting disappear.
|Sifted Block||Chance for|
|Dirt||Dark oak saplings|
|Soul Sand||Blaze powder|
|Soul Sand||Glowstone dust|
|Soul Sand||Magma cream|
|Soul Sand||Nether wart|
|Soul Sand||Human skulls|
You can choose between four meshes. The higher the level of the mesh, the higher the likelihood that the Sifter will find loot.
|Hut Level||Mesh Available|
Sifter Hut GUI
When accessing the Sifter’s Hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. You can also tell a Courier to do a pickup now using the Request Pickup Now button. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks or chests that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- ?: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- A chest icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut's storage (including the hut block's inventory and any racks/chests that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item's count will highlight the storage container it's in.
This is page two of the Sifter’s Hut GUI.
- Block: You can choose what block you want the Sifter to sift by clicking on the button. The blocks to choose from are dirt, gravel, sand, and soul sand, however you can change this in the config file. If you change this, you must click save.
- Amount: You can choose how many blocks are sifted daily. The max number is based on the level of the Sifter's Hut. If you change this, you must click save.
- Meshes: You can purchase different levels of meshes, and each level has a higher likelihood of getting loot. If you have string, flint, iron ingots, or diamonds in your inventory, you will see the buy option beside the mesh type. If a mesh is in green, like string is in this picture, it means that mesh is the one the Sifter will use. You can only use one mesh at a time.