Note: The Smeltery cannot be built until you have a level 2 Mine (or two level 1 Mines) and have finished the research in the University.
The Smeltery is where the Smelter will smelt ores into ingots.
Hint: The higher the level of the Smeltery, the more furnaces the Smelter will be able to use. A higher level will also have a higher chance to double and even triple the ingot output per block of ore. The Smelter’s Strength level will sometimes determine the chance to double or triple the ingot output of ores, according to the Smeltery level. So:
|Building Level||Normal Output||% Chance of Doubling Output||% Chance of Tripling Output||Furnaces|
|1||100%||1 in (100 - 50% of Strength Level)||———————————-||1|
|2||100%||1 in (100 - Strength Level)||———————————-||2|
|4||—-||100%||1 in (100 - 50% of Strength Level)||4|
|5||—-||100%||1 in (100 - Strength Level)||5|
When accessing the Smeltery’s hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. You can also tell a Courier to do a pickup now using the Request Pickup Now button. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks or chests that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- ?: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- A chest icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut's storage (including the hut block's inventory and any racks/chests that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item's count will highlight the storage container it's in.
- Fuel: Listed here are items that can be used by the Smelter as fuel in their furnaces. Turn on any that you want your Smelter to use, and a Courier will deliver those items to the Smelter when they need fuel. (The black box at the top is to search for items.)
- Smeltable Ore: Listed here are ores that can be smelted by the Smelter. You can click to turn each one on or off. All coded ores (even if they come from other mods) are automatically added to this list. If you have ores that are not on the list, they can be added to the config file.
- Minimum Stock: Use this button to tell the Smeltery to keep a minimum stock on hand. Set items will be displayed above the button.